Saturday 24 December 2011

My non-rhyming 12 days of Christmas

Merry Chirstmas/Happy Holidays from Felix and all his humans, also, from the barn goats.



AKA: All the gear I badly want, but are not in the budget at the moment.
In the interest of full disclosure, being as I don't have huge readership yet none of these companies have paid me anything, or sent me any free merchadise (wouldn't that be nice though!).

On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me (no really - buy me all these things I'll happily come be your "true love"):
Dublin Pinnacle Boots
http://www.smartpakequine.com/dublin-pinnacle-boot-9029p.aspx
I can't explain to you how much I want these untill you see them in person, I tried some on a couple weeks ago and absolutely fell in love! Butter soft, made for muck, and nice enough to go from the house to the paddock to the saddle with no boot changes.  Currently I leave the house in my street shoes, change into rubbers at the barn, then change into riding boots.  After I ride I go back into the rubbers, and then back into my street shoes.

On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
A Snazzy Sheepskin dressage girth



http://www.equestriansuppliesshop.co.uk/products/Kentaur-Grand-Prix-Dressage-Girth-with-detachable-Sheepskin-2040.html

Found out my 24" girths are WAY too long - also I'm super paranoid about girth galls on the little monkey. The fleece girth for his other saddle is working out perfectly (it's a cheapy) but now I have a taste for nice stuff....

On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
A St. Lourdes Odyessy Saddle
 

I don't need this - I just want one.  I'm impressed with the quality of my dressage saddle.  A few of my friends have these, and they're just lovely. 

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
An Ecogold saddle pad
https://www.ecogold.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=saddle+pad&x=0&y=0

These get amazing reviews everywhere I go. I'm reluctant because of the price tag, but they seem like such a good product - who could resist?

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
Kentucky Horseware XC Boots
http://eventingnation.com/home/2011/12/kentucky-horsewear-informational-ad-xc-boot-edition.html

These I don't know a lot about - but watch the video at the bottom of the EN post!  If it can protect the egg.... 

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
Some Jimmy Wofford books

I've heard him interviewed, he's a great speaker, and I've heard so much about the books I just have to have them. 

On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
Some stylish horsehair jewelry
http://www.facebook.com/pages/nannasalmi/111683205521798

I came across this line of horsehair jewelry a while back, I absolutely LOVE it. Precious metals, very classy, you could wear this every day.  One day I'll have one made...

On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
Veridus riding boots

Jessica had a pair of these on at the clinic - I LOVE them. I have a hard to fit calf, but these would work for me.  

Well, OK - I guess my Christmas had only 8 days this year!  Again, have a great holiday whatever you celebrate, and a fantastic horsey filled new year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment